The deadline for the 2016-17 FSC-Harvard fellowships is February 16, 2016.
Application (open January 1, 2016)
As this fellowship is open only to individuals affiliated with Harvard, you will need your Harvard ID for the above application link. If you do not have a Harvard ID, please email or call the Film Study Center at least two weeks before of the deadline.
You will need to prepare the following in advance for the FSC-Harvard Application:
- Page 1 of the application is an online form with over forty questions, including contact information, project information, a detailed equipment use timeline, and much more. Some questions are simply checkboxes, some are short answers, and some are essay paragraphs. The application page 1 form online must be completed in one sitting.
- Proposal: a 2-3 page document (Word doc or PDF) describing the project which must include the following parts:
- Short description of your project (up to 50 words).
- Tell us about your project in longer detail, including the final form that it will take.
- Statement addressing the significance of the proposed film project.
- Summary of your project's theoretical orientation, including its relationship to the applicant's previous and prospective research.
- NOTE: If you are a current fellow applying for continued support please include a paragraph outlining how the fellowship has supported your project in the past year.
- Project Budget (Word doc, Excel or PDF) A detailed, itemized listing of costs. Please also include additional possible sources of financing.
- Curriculum Vitae. (Word doc or PDF) Please provide a CV for the applicant, and for any collaborator who is also a Harvard affiliate.
Please have the Proposal, Project Budget, and CV documents ready to upload to the application website.
Additionally, we require:
- Online Sample via Vimeo -- Up to ten-minute sample of the applicant's previous work in film, video, photography, or sound. It can be one solid ten-minute stretch, or two smaller blocks of time adding up to ten minutes. If you submit a longer work, please include instructions specifying which ten minutes you would like the committee to view. This is to be submitted ONLINE via the website Vimeo.com.
- Letter of recommendation (for all applicants other than Harvard faculty) to be either signed and sealed with application, or to be submitted by its author either in person, via email, or by post. In the case of graduate students, this must be from the applicant's advisor.
- University transcript of the applicant's graduate studies (for graduate student applicants only) to be submitted in person or by mail to the address below.
Online application and additional materials must be completed by the deadline of February 16, 2016. For further information, please email fsc [at] fas.harvard.edu or call +1 617 495 9704.
Start your application
View current fellows and projects
Back to FSC-Harvard Fellowships
Contact FSC to ask a question about the application process
Robert E. Fulton III Fellowship